Saturday, April 29, 2006

Karvy Comtrade Ltd.-Organizational Culture

My internship at Karvy Comtrade Ltd. has given me an insight into commodities broking. I have always believed that a summer internship project is more than just a project. I felt that learning the organizational culture forms a major part of the entire learning process. The organizational culture is pretty informal and comfortable. It is a young organization run by young people. Even senior positions are occupied by the young age group. It is the kind of organization that one reads of in management books on organizational structure. Everything seems to be in place. I would have loved some disorder, actually.And one striking aspect is , people are PATIENT, despite being young and dynamic. In short , you actually find dynamicism combined with maturity. I love that combo.I would describe Karvy as a blend of Indian and American culture. On one hand you find the " perform or get fired" aspect , on the other you also find a slight conservatism on the part of the male population in terms of their opinion on women and the existence of an executive cafeteria is a reality.Female employees are few and far between; the same occupying senior positions are even less. I am not sure if that communicates anything ( in terms of the corporate glass ceiling). Canteens are VERY Indian, in fact very SOUTH INDIAN! Anyways, I have stopped complaining on that long back. Food is just a four letter word now.We have state of the art technology and people are willing to learn , teach and share resources. Goals are ambitious and reasonable at the same time. Hoping to learn more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home